Smoke from the MacKay Cold Storage that was destroyed by fire on Monday continued to fill the air three days later. Firemen from Murray River and Murray Harbour were on scene Wednesday as an excavator turned debris over in an attempt to keep smoke from drifting in the direction of nearby homes. More than a million pounds of French fries were lost in the fire along with a large volume of blueberries. No estimate of the loss is available yet. Heather Moore photo
Signup for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- We're all in this together
- Nonessential travel prohibited on Confederation Bridge
- Uncertainty hangs over spring lobster fishery
- 2020 grads forced to put milestone celebrations on hold
- When this is over, what will we remember?
- Austin Alexander Scales
- Self-isolating with a gerbil and three cats
- William "Bill" McKinnon
- Jean Anne Kimpton
- A straight-talking, life-loving, humble girl from the Island