With broken hearts and surrounded by family and friends we announce the passing of Vernon MacDonald of Central Bedeque on Monday, June 10, 2019, age 75 years. Son of the late William and Hazel (Noonan) MacDonald, Borden-Carleton and husband of the late Lyn (Dawson) MacDonald. Survived by brothers Lloyd (Dianne) MacDonald, and sister-in-law, Mary E MacDonald both of Borden-Carleton, PE; sisters-in-law, Erma MacDonald (Corner Brook, NL) and Patti MacDonald (Dunnville, ON) and brother-in-law Charles Dawson. Son-in-law to the late Sydney and Daisy Dawson of Tryon and brother-in-law to Annie (Donnie) Smith of Bedeque; Della (Doug) Ferguson of Crapaud and Joy (Robert) McKenna of Emerald. Survived by aunt, Ruth Noonan (Halifax, NS) and loved by many nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephew and many cousins around the Maritimes. Vernon will be greatly missed by his 2nd family – the staff and customers at Summerside Kent Building Supplies. Even after 40 years of working on his forklift around the warehouse he officially retired in June 2018 but still made his daily visits up until his final days. Vernon was predeceased by brothers Joe, Gerald and sister, Coleen Rogers and brother-in-law Alan Rogers. Resting at Lawless Funeral Home, Kinkora with visiting hours on Thursday, June 13 from 5 to 8 pm. Funeral mass will be celebrated at St. Peter’s Church, Seven Mile Bay on Friday, June 14 at 10:30 am. Interment in the parish cemetery. Donations in memory of Vernon may be made to a charity of your choice. www.lawlessfuneralhome.ca.
- Montague High grads strut their stuff on prom night
- A sunny Saturday and Maritime harness racing spirits soar
- De Los Cielos Deo could be favourite in Saturday’s $1,000,000 North America Cup
- Line-up set for 2019 Drive for Charity
- Maritime Junior Angus field day this weekend
- O'Brien, Theresa Loretta
- Stewart, Paul Sinclair
- MacDonald, William Leo "Vernon"
- Graphic captures national honours
- Program participants looking to brighten the day of others with decorated rocks
- Loss of fisherman to the sea gnaws at many hearts
- Shortchanged again
- Clippers looking good early
- West Prince powerlifter earns four medals at international competition
- In praise of a good dog
- NFU disappointed with lease approvals for Island Holdings
- Car crashes through home - Driver arrested for impaired
- New government, same issues facing communities
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.