Peacefully at the Kings County Memorial Hospital, the passing of Clair "Bud" Currie, age 91, of Georgetown, devoted husband of 67 years to Joan (McQuillan) occurred on Monday, September 14th, 2020 with family by his side. Born in Charlottetown on April 17th, 1929, son of the late Fred and Louise Currie. Bud is survived by children Larry and Susan (Stevenson) of Saar, Bahrain; Michael and Christine (Shepherd) of Cardigan; Donald and Claire (Currie) of Stratford and Scott and Anne (Coady) of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; cherished grandchildren Barbie Dawn and Carl Burke, Mark and Michelle Currie, Brad and Kathy Currie, Brooke, Colby and Conor Currie; adored great grandchildren Harry and Ella Burke, Alexa and Garrett Currie and Aaliyah and Callen Currie. Predeceased by son Mark at infancy; sisters and brother Dorothy, Verna, Ada, Francis, Brenda and Beverly. Bud was a proud 34 year veteran of Canadian National Railways. Due to COVID-19 and international travel restrictions, a burial service will take place at a later date. Online condolences may be made through the Funeral Home website at www.fergusonlogan.com
We’re committed to keeping our readers informed
Signup for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Larger issues at play than Buddhist permit
- School lunch program more than doubles expectations
- Charlottetown belongs to all Islanders
- Clara Duffy
- Second teen missing from overturned boat recovered Thursday
- Teen victims of dory accident remembered as ‘friends to everybody’
- Wanda Matilda MacDougall (nee MacDonald)
- Basil Earl MacKay Sr
- Lorin M. Brehaut
- Safety question forces switch of bus sanitizer