Peacefully at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, the death occurred of Douglas Gordon Sheidow, of Mt. Mellick, age 77 years. Loving father of Donnie, Jeffrey (Charlene), Joanne MacLellan and Lori (Blaise McKenna). Cherished grandfather of Matthew, Robert, Taylor, Lauren, Jenna, Carter, Charles and Cody. Great-grandfather of Jack, Wren and Ira. Douglas will be missed by his sister Gail Jenkins and brother Norman (Anne). Predeceased by his wife Sandra (MacKenzie) Sheidow and brother-in-law Richard Jenkins.Resting at Hillsboro Funeral Home, Stratford. Due to current restrictions a private family funeral service will be held. Interment will take place at St. Andrew’s United Church Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to St. Andrew’s United Church or the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Foundation.
We’re committed to keeping our readers informed
Signup for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Larger issues at play than Buddhist permit
- School lunch program more than doubles expectations
- Charlottetown belongs to all Islanders
- Clara Duffy
- Second teen missing from overturned boat recovered Thursday
- Teen victims of dory accident remembered as ‘friends to everybody’
- Wanda Matilda MacDougall (nee MacDonald)
- Basil Earl MacKay Sr
- Lorin M. Brehaut
- Safety question forces switch of bus sanitizer