Due to a temporary lack of physician coverage the Emergency Department and the Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Western Hospital will be closed on Friday, Aug. 9.
The Emergency Department will reopen as scheduled Saturday morning at 8 am and the Collaborative Emergency Centre will reopen Monday evening at 8 pm.
The CEC was closed last weekend from Aug. 2-4 due to a temporary lack of nursing coverage. Western Hospital experienced closures in both April and May too and a series of closures over the Christmas holidays.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
• experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
• experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
• experiencing abdominal pain;
• experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
• an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
• a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
• a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.